Pancit Canton is a delicious and colorful noodle dish made from flour noodles and one of the most popular dishes in the country. It is a stir fry dish with prawns, pork, chicken and vegetables. Different variations of the dish are available throughout the country, and depend on the availability of the ingredients. Pancit Canton is very tasty and is always served on special occasions such as birthdays, because as per Chinese beliefs, noodles represent long life.
Pinoy Pancit Canton Recipe
- 12 ounces pansit canton noodles
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth (from boiled breast)
- 1/2 pound pork, sliced in small pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Chinese sausages, sliced
- Cauliflower, cut to bit size
- 2 cups snow peas (sitsaro)
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste
- In a big pan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions in oil. Then add sliced pork till cooked.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and put in the shredded chicken, sliced Chinese sausages, shrimps, snow peas, cabbage, celery and diced carrot. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth and the pansit canton noodles. Let it simmer till the noodles are soft.
- Add the scallions, sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with slices of lemon, a warm pandesal, and a glass of cola on the side. Enjoy!