Pork Barbecue is an all time favorite dish. It is a marinated slice of porks thread on a skewer and then grilled to perfection. The first bite actually determines how good and delicious is the marinade.
Pork Barbecue Recipe
- 1 kilo of pork kasim
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoon calamansi extract
- With a knife, remove pork skin but leave the fat intact with the meat.
- Slice the pork by about ¼” thick. Then cut it to your desired bite size.
- For the marinade: In a big bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients. Stir until the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Combine the pork with the marinade mixture then keep in a refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Thread the pork onto skewers.
- Grill over the charcoal fire, with at least 3 inches clearance, until the meat turns golden brown. Use the marinade to bash the barbecue during cooking. Add at 1 tablespoon of oil to the marinade so the meat won’t look dry.
- Best serve when it still hot.