Adobo is undoubtedly Philippines authentic dish. There isn’t any authentic recipe due to the fact that each Filipino family have at the least its personal version of the adobo. This dish is a combination of pork & chicken simmered in a soy sauce-vinegar mixture that results to a medley of savory flavors.
Pork and Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 1½ lbs pork belly, chopped
- 1½ lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 to 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 1 head garlic, slightly crushed
- 6 tablespoons vinegar (white or sugar cane)
- ¾ to 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once the oil becomes hot, add the garlic. Cook until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove the garlic and set aside. Add pork and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add whole peppercorn, bay leaves, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water. Let boil and simmer until the meat gets tender.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Pour-in vinegar and let boil.Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add salt to taste. Put-in the fried garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!