Humba with pineapple, tausi, and dried banana blooms is a delectable variety of sweet and appetizing flavors you’ll cherish with steamed rice! This Visayan form of adobo is easy & simple to make and sure to be a family top choice.
Pork Humba Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Pork pigue or liempo cut into cubes
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small can of Pineapple Juice
- 1-2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Salted Black Beans
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 small pack banana blossom
- In a pan, sear or brown the pork until oil comes out.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Put in soy sauce, peppercorn, and bay leaves, saute for few minutes.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and let it boil. Simmer until pork is tender (add water if needed)
- Add the vinegar and wait to re-boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the salted black beans and brown sugar, simmer.
- Add then dried banana blossom, simmer until cooked.
- Served while its hot and Voila!