Pork Kilawin is a dish that you can make with grilled pork belly. Unlike the similar kilawin seafood dishes, meat such as pork needs to be cooked first before being prepared this way because it does not get cooked completely when soaked in vinegar.It is usually considered a mainstay in drinking parties partnered with beer, gin or just about any liquor. However, since we are Filipinos, there are also people who eat it with rice. Pork Kilawin reminds me of my beach time in the Philippines. It is one of the dishes we prepare when we have a day out to the beach with friends or family.
Pork Kilawin Recipe
- 1 kg grilled pork belly
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Red chilies
- Chop the pork belly into serving pieces then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, salt, ground black pepper, chili, and sugar. Mix well.
- Arrange the pork, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl. You can add calamansi juice also but its optional.
- Add the vinegar mixture then stir.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.