Pork Sisig is probably the most famous Kapampangan dish ever! Get this easy Sisig recipe from grilled pork belly! Crunchy and spicy just the way it should be.
Pork Sisig Kampampangan Recipe
- 1 pound pork belly – sliced about half-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 3 pieces chicken liver
- 1 big red onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon or 3-4 kalamansi juice
- 1-2 chili peppers – minced or 1/4 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Season pork belly slices with salt and pepper. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill pork belly and chicken liver until well done. Pork skin should be crispy.
- Once grilled, chop the pork belly and chicken liver into fine pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped meat, onions, lemon juice and chili pepper. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
- Warm it in a pan with a bit of oil if desired. Serve with hot rice.