Pork Sisig, also called Sizzling Pork Sisig, is a dish that is made of chopped pig’s head parts (ears, cheeks, face, snout) and chicken liver. It’s usually served in a sizzling platter garnished with chopped onion, chili pepper, and sprinkled with squeezed calamansi (lime juice). Pork Sisig dish is usually serves with alcoholic beverage here in the Philippines but it’s also a good meal together with steam rice.
Pork Sisig Recipe
- 1 pc. pork ears (cleaned)
- 1/4 pork belly
- 1/2 cup of chicken liver
- cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 2 siling labuyo (green chili pepper) minced
- 2 medium onions minced
- 5 pcs garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 eggsalt and pepper to taste
- Sizzling plate (optional)
- Grill the pork ear, pork belly. Let it cool and mince it.
- In a cooking pan heat oil and saute garlic onion and chili. Add the chicken liver cook it and then crush it.
- Add the mix pork ear and pork belly,soy sauce and vinegar cook until becomes crisp.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mix it well.
- Set aside.
- Place your sizzling plate in a heat (make sure it’s hot)
- Add butter or margarine and then put the sisig mix there.
- Top it with egg. Serve and enjoy.