This Puchero recipe is unusual. Maybe to you it isn’t, but for us it is. We rarely cook this recipe and as far as we know, we’ve only tried this recipe thrice. That is why this Pinoy food recipe is foreign for us. This Pinoy food recipe however is nutritious because it contains tomato sauce. Tomatoes are naturally rich in vitamin A which promotes good eye sight, bone and tooth development and maintain good health. There are tomato sauces that contain Lycopene which is good for preventing cancer deceases. Below is the Pinoy Food recipe for Pochero:
- 1 kilo of pork cut in serving pieces
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- half a cup of cooked garbanzos (chick peas)
- 1 onion peeled and cut into two
- 1 cup of string beans
- 1 cup of cabbage
- half a liter of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- pork bouillon cube
- In a casserole, put the pork and add some oil.
- Let the pork melt down its fat for about a couple of minutes.
- Add the onion and continue stirring.
- Add the tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Put some salt and pepper.
- Pour the water with dissolved pork bouillon on it.
- Cover and let this simmer gently over medium fire.
- Add your vegetables and chick peas during the last part of the cooking.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.