Sinigang is a sour soup made from tamarind (sour fruit). And this dish can be with pork, fish and this – shrimps. Onions, lots of ginger, and tomatoes are boiled in water until all their sweet and tangy juices comes out that will go along with the sourness of the tamarind. We like to use shrimp in particular because it has a sweet taste when properly cooked and not overcooked
Sinigang na Hipon Recipe
- 2 pounds Shrimps
- 2 pieces Radishes orLabanos, sliced
- 1 bunch Water Spinach or Kangkong leaves
- 5-8 pieces Long String Beans or Sitaw, cut in 2 inches length
- 3 Long Green Pepper or Siling Pang-sigang, cut in half
- 2 Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes
- 1 pack Sinigang Mix
- 2 pieces Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce(Patis)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 6 – 8 cups water
- Put together in a deep pan onion, tomato, radishes, string beans, shrimp cubes, water and sinigang mix. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the radishes and the string beans are cooked.
- Add the shrimp and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the water spinach.
- Serve hot with rice.