Sinigang na Lechon – What will you gonna do with that lechon leftover from a lunch or dinner? Well, let’s make that a special kind of sinigang. The lechon leftover is simmered in tamarind broth together with veggies.
Sinigang na Lechon Recipe
- Lechon (cut into cubes)
- Fresh tamarind (about 10 – 12 pieces depending on size). Instant sinigang mix may also be used.
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- Medium sized Radish (cut in cubes)
- 1 cup sitaw (cut in 4″ pieces)
- 2 cup young Kangkong leaves (water spinach)
- 2 pcs long green pepper
- 4 cups of water.
- Salt (or Patis) to taste
- In a stew pot, boil the water. Add the tamarind until they are tender. Take the tamarind out of the water and use a strainer to collect the juice taking out all the skin and seeds out.
- Add the tamarind extract, tomatoes, radish, and onion in the same water.
- When the radish is tender, add the litson and sitaw and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add some salt to taste and place the pepper (first) and kangkong on top.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.