Sinigang na Lechon – What will you gonna do with that lechon leftover from a lunch or dinner? Well, let’s make that a special kind of sinigang. The lechon leftover is simmered in tamarind broth together with veggies.
Sinigang na Lechon Recipe
- Lechon (cut into cubes)
- Fresh tamarind (about 10 – 12 pieces depending on size). Instant sinigang mix may also be used.
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- Medium sized Radish (cut in cubes)
- 1 cup sitaw (cut in 4″ pieces)
- 2 cup young Kangkong leaves (water spinach)
- 2 pcs long green pepper
- 4 cups of water.
- Salt (or Patis) to taste
- In a stew pot, boil the water. Add the tamarind until they are tender. Take the tamarind out of the water and use a strainer to collect the juice taking out all the skin and seeds out.
- Add the tamarind extract, tomatoes, radish, and onion in the same water.
- When the radish is tender, add the litson and sitaw and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add some salt to taste and place the pepper (first) and kangkong on top.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.