Sinuglaw dish may be a grilled side of pork dig small pieces and fresh tuna with vinegar and vegetables.The name “sinuglaw” came from the Visayan word “sinugba” meaning grill and “kinilaw” which suggests to cook by soaking in vinegar and spices.
- 1/2 kilo grilled pork belly, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 kilo fresh tuna meat, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup cane vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 4 pieces finger chilies, sliced
- 3 pcs Calamansi or 1 pc lemon
- 4 to 6 pieces siling labuyo (bird’s eye chili), chopped
- Salt to taste
- In large bowl, place the tuna meat and add 1/2 cup of vinegar, marinate for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Press the tuna meat using pork to remove stench of tuna. Then drain the vinegar.
- Add cucumber, onion, ginger, finger chili, siling labuyo, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze the calamansi or lemon until all the juices are extracted then add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Mix well and soak for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped Grilled pork belly and mix well.
- Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for one hour.
- Chow and enjoy!