Tinolang Manok is extremely simple to get ready, reasonable and delightful soup is exceptionally sweet-smelling in view of the expansion of the fiery ginger. In the northern part of the Philippines, tinola alludes to a chicken soup arrangement with green papayas and bean stew leaves.
Tinolang Manok Recipe
- 1 Kilo (1.6 lbs) Chicken (breast and thigh)
- 1 Medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced
- 1 bundle Spinach
- 3 Tbsp Patis (Fish Sauce)
- 1 Unriped Papaya (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 3 Cups of Water
- Cooking Oil for Sauteeing
- Optional (Chicken Cube)
- Put oil on a heated pan
- Sautee’ ginger, garlic and onion
- Add chicken and fish sauce
- Add water, cover pan and bring it more to boil, then simmer a little bit
- Add the sliced unriped papaya
- After about 30 minutes, your chicken should be cooked, you can now add your spinach; bring it to boil for another 2 minutes!
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken cube (optional!)
- Serve with white rice and fried fish! Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.