Turon, tidied with earthy colored sugar, abounded in a spring move covering and seared. Different fillings can likewise be utilized along with the banana, most regularly jackfruit (langka), and furthermore yam, mango, cheddar and coconut. Turon is a famous tidbit and road food among Filipinos.
Banana Turon Recipe
- 10 8-inch square lumpia wrappers, or spring roll wrappers
- 5 Ripe saba bananas, split lengthwise*
- 1/3 cup sliced jackfruit, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- water, for sealing wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/3- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar (Caramel coating)
- Place square lumpia wrapper on work surface with one point of the square facing you. Coat saba banana with brown sugar and place horizontal on lower 1/3 of lumpia wrapper. Add a couple strips of jackfruit.
- Fold the tip of the square wrapper up to cover the banana and jackfruit. Fold the tip of the right side and left side in to create an envelope.
- Use both hands to roll the wrapper into a log. Moisten the top tip of the wrapper with water and continue to roll the wrapper up to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Add about 1/2-inch to 1-inch of vegetable oil to heavy bottomed frying pan.
- Once oil is at the proper temperature, carefully place banana rolls seam side down into pot.Repeat with remaining turon.
- To make caramel coating: In a heavy bottomed sauce pan set over medium heat, melt sugar. The sugar melted sugar will start to caramelized and brown. Once the caramel is a golden amber color, remove from heat. Toss in turon and fully coat in caramel. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.