Binangkal is a sort of doughnut from the islands of Visayas and Mindanao withinside the Philippines. It is crafted from deep-fried dense dough balls covered with sesame seeds. It is typically eaten with warm chocolate or coffee and a good afternoon snack.
- 2 & 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine the dry ingredients (all- purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda) in a bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients (milk, oil, and vanilla extract) in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Add- in the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the batter and form each into small 1 inch balls.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a plate.
- Roll the balls into the plate of sesame seeds until fully covered.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and heat.
- Fry both sides of the balls until brown using medium heat.
- Transfer into a plate lined with paper towels to absorb oil.
- Allow to cool, serve, and enjoy!