Cheese sticks is a Filipino street food. Wrapped in spring roll wrapper then deep fried. Cheese sticks may be served with tomato, ketchup, or marinara sauce, as well as plum sauce, barbecue sauce, honey mustard sauce, and ranch dressing.
Cheese Sticks Recipe
- 250 grams flour
- 50 grams Tapioca.
- 1/ 4 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 ml of cooking oil.
- 1 egg
- 25 ml water
- 100 grams of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix flour, tapioca and baking soda, set aside.
2. Stir in cooking oil, eggs and water until blended. and add into the flour mixture.
3. Add the other seasonings and cheese. Knead until smooth. In this process there may be additional wheat flour if the dough is not yet smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Milled dough thin and cut into pieces. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
5. After the cold keep into airtight jar and serve.