Ginataang mais is a Filipino sweet corn and rice gruel. It is also known as lugaw na mais. It is a type of dessert lugaw and ginataan. It is eaten warm in colder months, but can also be eaten cold during summer. Ginataang mais means “corn in coconut milk” in Filipino.
Ginataang Mais Recipe
- 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
- 1 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Wash the malagkit thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, combine malagkit and water. Boil for 30 minutes over medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Once cooked, add the coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and whole kernel corn. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls.