Ginataang mais is a Filipino sweet corn and rice gruel. It is also known as lugaw na mais. It is a type of dessert lugaw and ginataan. It is eaten warm in colder months, but can also be eaten cold during summer. Ginataang mais means “corn in coconut milk” in Filipino.
Ginataang Mais Recipe
- 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
- 1 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Wash the malagkit thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, combine malagkit and water. Boil for 30 minutes over medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Once cooked, add the coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and whole kernel corn. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.