This Lumpiang Singkamas is just like any other lumpia, the process is the same, but the flavor and sweetness is different. We add a combinations of nuts, vegetables and meat to make it more unique. The main ingredients for this lumpia is Singkamas (turnip), as the name implies.
Lumpiang Singkamas Recipe
- 4 regular singkamas cut strips
- 1 cup sweet potato strips
- 1 cp pork cut into cubes
- 1 cup peas (chicharo) or baguio beans
- 2 tokwa or tofu squares
- 1/4 cup pounded peanuts
- salt and sugar to taste
- Pare singkamas and cut into strips.
- Cut tokwa or tofu into cubes.
- Prepare sweet potato in the same manner as the singkamas
- Saute garlic and onion in oil.
- Add pork cubes and tokwa or tofu.
- Add sweet potato. Then add singkamas, and cover.
- Let boil for five minutes. Add peanuts, salt sugar, toyo and vetsin.
- Transfer to another container and drain.
- Wrap on lumpia wrappers and fry in deep fat oil.