This Lumpiang Singkamas is just like any other lumpia, the process is the same, but the flavor and sweetness is different. We add a combinations of nuts, vegetables and meat to make it more unique. The main ingredients for this lumpia is Singkamas (turnip), as the name implies.
Lumpiang Singkamas Recipe
- 4 regular singkamas cut strips
- 1 cup sweet potato strips
- 1 cp pork cut into cubes
- 1 cup peas (chicharo) or baguio beans
- 2 tokwa or tofu squares
- 1/4 cup pounded peanuts
- salt and sugar to taste
- Pare singkamas and cut into strips.
- Cut tokwa or tofu into cubes.
- Prepare sweet potato in the same manner as the singkamas
- Saute garlic and onion in oil.
- Add pork cubes and tokwa or tofu.
- Add sweet potato. Then add singkamas, and cover.
- Let boil for five minutes. Add peanuts, salt sugar, toyo and vetsin.
- Transfer to another container and drain.
- Wrap on lumpia wrappers and fry in deep fat oil.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.