Buko Macapuno pie is a popular pasalubong or gift among Filipinos. It is coconut pie made from fresh, smooth younger coconut meat blended with a creamy filling and enclosed in a flaky pie crust.
Macapuno Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. cold water
- 2/3 cup margarine, chilled
- Cut margarine into flour.
- Add water gradually.
- Fit one half crust in pie pan and set aside.
- 2 cups macapuno
- 4 well-beaten eggs
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Prepare sweet macapuno refined sugar.
- Then mix it with all the other ingredients in a double boiler.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Fill the crust pie and cover with the other half crust.
- Brush with egg yolk before baking.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in moderately hot oven (370 degree).