Buko Macapuno pie is a popular pasalubong or gift among Filipinos. It is coconut pie made from fresh, smooth younger coconut meat blended with a creamy filling and enclosed in a flaky pie crust.
Macapuno Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. cold water
- 2/3 cup margarine, chilled
- Cut margarine into flour.
- Add water gradually.
- Fit one half crust in pie pan and set aside.
- 2 cups macapuno
- 4 well-beaten eggs
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Prepare sweet macapuno refined sugar.
- Then mix it with all the other ingredients in a double boiler.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
- Fill the crust pie and cover with the other half crust.
- Brush with egg yolk before baking.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in moderately hot oven (370 degree).
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.