Nilupak is a completely famous merienda recipe for Filipinos. Nilupak Recipe is fabricated from mashed kamoteng kahoy (yucca root or cassava), you could additionally use kamote (sweet potato) or saging na saba with sugar or milk to taste.
- 1 1/2 kg fresh cassava, boiled and grated*
- 2 1/2 cup coconut (niyog na mura), grated
- 3/4 stick butter or margarine, salted and melted
- 1 1/2 white sugar
- Mix the grated cassava, grated coconut, melted butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Using your hand (use disposable gloves), mix thoroughly the ingredients.
- CAREFULLY punch the mixture. Since I’m not using mortar and pestle, I use the strength of my fist to blend the ingredients very well.
- Arrange it on a plate or banana leaf.
- Spread a little butter or margarine on top. Serve. Share and enjoy!