Potato salad is a dish crafted from boiled potatoes and a number of different ingredients. It is normally taken into consideration a side dish, because it generally accompanies the primary course. Potato salad is broadly believed to have originated in Germany, spreading in large part at some point of Europe and later to European colonies.
Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds round red or white potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Paprika, and dill chopped if desired
- Place potatoes in 3-quart saucepan; add enough water to cover potatoes.
Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook covered 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in large glass or plastic bowl.
- Add potatoes, celery, and onion; toss. Stir in eggs. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors and chill. Store covered in refrigerator