Chicken Macaroni Soup, conjointly referred to as sopas, could be a soup dish created primarily with elbow macaroni and chicken meat. This hearty soup is kind of filling and might very be eaten as a meal by itself. this can be good anytime you’re feeling like having soup or best eaten throughout rainy season.
Chicken Sopas Recipe
- 2 ounces ham, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken leg quarters
- ½ lb elbow macaroni
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- hotdog (sliced)
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1½ cup fresh milk or 1 (14 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the chicken. Boil the chicken in low to medium heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken and let cool. Set-aside the water used to boil the chicken. We’ll use this later.
- Once the chicken reaches room temperature, shred the meat using your hands. Discard (throw away) the bones.
- Meanwhile, heat a clean large cooking pot.
- Pour-in the butter and oil. Once the butter and oil becomes hot, sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, sliced hotdog and chopped ham. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and the remaining water used to boil the chicken. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni. Cook for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Pour-in the milk. Stir and let boil.
- Add salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!