Suman Moron is a sticky rice cake with milk and chocolate flavors and is a native delicacy in the Eastern Visayas, Philippines. This smooth rice cake is made up of the different types of rice cooked in coconut milk, cow’s milk, and cocoa powder. Suman Moron is so easy to make!
Suman Moron Recipe
- 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1-1/2 cup ordinary rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate or cocoa (any brand)
- banana leaves, wilted over fire
- melted butter
- Soak over night the malagkit and ordinary rice. Grind the following day.
- Soak both ground rice in coconut milk until soft. Add sugar and the chocolate.
- Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Set aside and cool.
- Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating by over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
- Put 2 tbsp. of the mixture in every wrap. Tie with string. Repeat until all are wrapped.
- Cook/steam for half an hour in a double boiler container or a steamer.
Looking for other Lutong Pinoy Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our pork recipes, chicken recipes and desserts.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongpinoyrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.