Suman Moron is a sticky rice cake with milk and chocolate flavors and is a native delicacy in the Eastern Visayas, Philippines. This smooth rice cake is made up of the different types of rice cooked in coconut milk, cow’s milk, and cocoa powder. Suman Moron is so easy to make!
Suman Moron Recipe
- 1/2 cup malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1-1/2 cup ordinary rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate or cocoa (any brand)
- banana leaves, wilted over fire
- melted butter
- Soak over night the malagkit and ordinary rice. Grind the following day.
- Soak both ground rice in coconut milk until soft. Add sugar and the chocolate.
- Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Set aside and cool.
- Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating by over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
- Put 2 tbsp. of the mixture in every wrap. Tie with string. Repeat until all are wrapped.
- Cook/steam for half an hour in a double boiler container or a steamer.